Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)
The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcapThe Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Voting_barThe Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Inkognito (465)
The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Vote_lcapThe Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Voting_barThe Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
2good4u2 (266)
DUM4S5 (214)
Decadence Night (165)
AmX15 (148)
Rickder 6 (124)
saysmoo (115)
Doc152 (115)
Knight Kninja (85)
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

The Rickder Six Collection

Go down 
+4
Doc152
silent mb
DUM4S5
Rickder 6
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Some new ones...

Including some Avalanche shots I took playing around in the snow in my attempt to make a theme banner for iGoogle, nothing special. If anyone wants to use these to make some banners or what ever, be my guest.

And last but not least a shot from "Spooky House" from the double Xp Infection hopper.

Last edited by Rickder 6 on Fri May 15, 2009 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Those new shots are really cool. How did you get that blue/black background?
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Inkognito wrote:
Those new shots are really cool. How did you get that blue/black background?

If your talking about my Avalanche shots, I just used the Dodge tool on midtones set at 75% to pull up those hidden colors. You can set it to what ever but I've been pulling up colors that I don't even see in game. Try it man, trust me it works. Even at 100 percent if the area does not have detail or color that rise on the first couple clicks just keep clicking on that area. You can always use the burn tool on midtones if you go to far, or set your history cache high and revert.

And just a tip, to use the Burn and Dodge tool correctly on an image you must use it before applying any other solidifying manipulation to the image, for example when you use the brightness and contrast pallets, you burn the top color into the image, same goes for most other manipulation pallet's. The Burn and Dodge work best when they are the first manipulation applied to the image, for a panoramic this means right after stitching. If you pull up an old image that you have worked on, using the Burn and Dodge tool might not pull up that detail your looking for, depending on what you have already done to the image.

I hate to sound like a know it all but I cant leave you hanging if you don't know.
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:34 am

i love the colours on these, very dark and vivid =]
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:54 pm

DUM4S5 wrote:
i love the colours on these, very dark and vivid =]

Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:33 am

i have been mucking around with the burn/dodge tools for a couple of 29 year old photos recently,but the one i have been using to take the yellow staining out is the sponge tool.anyway,avalanche is quite a bland level and i didn't think it was possible to bring out that much colour on that level.well done.
i think all zombies should have green blood that glows,imagine a corridor splattered with green blood.nicely done.
spooky has an amazing sunset,you should make a wallpaper with the rich colours and contrast this has(i would have it for my desktop)that pano reminds me of vampires getting desperate for a kill just before the sun rises and burns them up.really nice work.Smile
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:56 am

Again I am dumbfounded by the colors you bring out in your images. (Green zombie blood?! What is this madness?)
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:18 pm

silent mb wrote:
i have been mucking around with the burn/dodge tools for a couple of 29 year old photos recently,but the one i have been using to take the yellow staining out is the sponge tool.anyway,avalanche is quite a bland level and i didn't think it was possible to bring out that much colour on that level.well done.
i think all zombies should have green blood that glows,imagine a corridor splattered with green blood.nicely done.
spooky has an amazing sunset,you should make a wallpaper with the rich colours and contrast this has(i would have it for my desktop)that pano reminds me of vampires getting desperate for a kill just before the sun rises and burns them up.really nice work.Smile

That's cool, I tried out the sponge tool recently, I honestly have not played around with it that much but when I used it, it seemed to do just what you said but for me it wiped out all the color and left only gray tones, I wonder if you can set it to clean up specific colors, is that what you did? That would be super cool if that where the case.

I had the blood color red but it just seemed to gory and unpleasant to look at, I almost scraped it for that fact, it looked horrible but I tried green and it turned out kinda cool. I used one of the special effects brushes to add more splatter, same with the snow particles on Avalanche.

The burn and dodge tool pulled up all that detail in the chopper, I must have clicked 100 times with a small brush size on each section before I seen any detail rise from the black.

Thanx for the comments every one.
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Rickder 6 wrote:

That's cool, I tried out the sponge tool recently, I honestly have not played around with it that much but when I used it, it seemed to do just what you said but for me it wiped out all the color and left only gray tones, I wonder if you can set it to clean up specific colors, is that what you did? That would be super cool if that where the case.

yeah,it grey's everything so it wasn't the best.it was the only tool i could find to get rid of the staining.if only there was a tool that could get rid of a specific colour,that would have been easier.the other tool i use was the clone stamp tool but that takes ages.i also use the burn and dogdge tools for certain areas.check em out,i think it turned out ok.
pic and fixed these are cropped to show the extent of the colour staining.
can you guess who it is Razz my sister wanted to give some old pics to my dad for his birthday.
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 6:11 pm

You should consider splitting your work into two separate walls. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:24 pm

No new ones, I just wanted to update the group. I wont be making panos for a while, I got offered a job doing storyboard for a company called Gotfilm in Arizona. We will be working on a film called Feed to be released probably around Halloween of next year maybe later depending on the producer. Ive been going to school for long enough now and I figured I'm going to get my feet wet in the industry. I don't want to end up one of those people who go for six years, get their masters in Astronomy or something and end up becoming some CEO for Walmart. This is a smaller company right now, I hope I can help them grow and become a regular name you would see on the screen. If not it is a start for me sooo, I will check in from time to time though on Haloramics. Don't forget me and to only registered Haloramic group members feel free to use my work when needed for what ever just don't forget to give credit where its due and not claim it for your own work.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback and wowesome commentary. This has been one of the best online groups I have been a part of. You are all very talented and I cant wait to come back in the future to see the wowesome work you have done as well as the progression of the group, have fun!! Sad Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Good luck man. Could you at least hang around on the sight and give us hints as to what the film will be?
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:44 am

Thanks for the comment Incog, from what I got so far the film is going to be about zombies. I don't have all the detail yet, but I will update for sure once I get down there and start working.

For now here is their website link, you can find the film Feed on the project page. I have been granted full immunity and control of the site too so the look of it will change in hopefully a few weeks depending on our schedule.

Got Film Productions

I do have something to show you guys, not a Haloramic though, its just something I have been playing around with here and there for about a month now. I am a huge Jordan fan, have been since before the championships as far as I can remember, will be to the day I die (haters back off!) I do a ton of Jordan stuff in Photoshop but this one I combined the Air Jordan logo and my sons name (two of my favorite things) and I have been at this one for a month now, I think I'm finished.

Mason Max
Back to top Go down
saysmoo
Legendary Adventurer
saysmoo

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:14 am

sweet. zombie movies ftw. good luck man.
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:10 pm

That is an wowesome photoshop!!

A zombie movie huh? I am hoping that you will not let it become one of those cheesy zombie movies such as resident evil.

I am legend was okay. The largest problem with a zombie movie is finding a story line that is not cliche or cheesy. I also hope that you will help give the movie wowesome special effects!
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

hope all goes well in the near future rickder,and incog i think all zombie movies have to be a bit cheesy.
at first i thought that was flowers or something like that,but then you see the main design scattered everywhere.nice one.
good luck.Smile
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:51 pm

What up yall, Ive been in the big AZ for about 3 weeks now just seeing how the group is going, thanks for all the reply's. Ive stepped into a whole different world down here. The website for the company should be up soon. I just got finished with the first final rough cut or what ever you want to call it, maybe if I could get some ideas off you guys some input off the website once I put it up that would be cool. Anyway laters ill hit the site back up and see what you guys say......
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:14 am

yeah,post up a link when its done.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:14 pm

Make the website user friendly like Bungie.net
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 7:49 pm

What up my fellow Halotographers?!

I'm done with the overhaul of my company's website, I actually change it little by little every day. 5 days from now it will probably look totally different from what it looks like now, I dont think Ill ever be satisfied with the design untill I'm let out of my black and white cage.

Take a look, join our members area tell me what you think. My screen name on there is Derrick L, you can find me there or on our teams page.

The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Gotfilmjordan

My Xbox is SIX feet under now, so I wont be posting new work anytime soon unless I can con someone into filling the empty spot next to my TV where mine used to sit. hahaha
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:48 am

wow that site looks great!

top work =]
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 4:22 pm

DUM4S5 wrote:
wow that site looks great!

top work =]
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:03 pm

its looking good rickder,but i noticed a couple of broken links in there.
jk.lol.
thanks for keeping us updated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:55 pm

silent mb wrote:
its looking good rickder,but i noticed a couple of broken links in there.
jk.lol.
thanks for keeping us updated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:39 pm

What up fellas, just wanted to drop in and say hi, no need to reply to this one, I just wanted to share my excitment about ODST and Reach, I will for sure return to the group with some ODST panos, providing it has the same features of course. Have fun creating those bad ass Haloramics, I will return, I promise!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rickder Six Collection
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3