Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)
Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_lcapTime Lapse Panorama Tutorial Voting_barTime Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_rcap 
Inkognito (465)
Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_lcapTime Lapse Panorama Tutorial Voting_barTime Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_rcap 
2good4u2 (266)
DUM4S5 (214)
Decadence Night (165)
AmX15 (148)
Rickder 6 (124)
saysmoo (115)
Doc152 (115)
Knight Kninja (85)
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial

Go down 
3 posters

How is this tutorial?
Excellent
Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_lcap80%Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Good
Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_lcap20%Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Decent
Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_lcap0%Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Could Use Some Work
 0% [ 0 ]
Awful
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial   Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Here is a simple tutorial for creating Time Lapse Panoramas. First I need to say that I'm poor and can't afford Creative Suite, so I use Photoshop: Elements. The techniques used here can be used in all decent photo editing programs. Now, let's get started.

Step 1:
Before you start taking screenshots, run through the action you want to show several times. Find a good angle, and make absolutely sure that your background will fit all of the action. Once you start adding the multiple subjects there's no going back, so measure twice and cut once.

Step 2:
Make a standard panorama for your background.

Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Panotutstep2

Step 3:
While keeping the camera on the same axis as the panorama, take screenshots of your subject at different points in time. Take as many as you want, depending on how close you want your subject to be to itself.

Step 4:
Download and open all of the screenshots you just took. Pick one and crop the subject out. Copy and paste it onto the background. Try to line it up as best as you can.

Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Panotutstep4

Step 5:
As you can see, there are many inconsistencies. It's covering the other Warthog, many of the edges aren't lining up, and the lighting is off. To fix this, create a layer mask, and paint around the subject to eliminate those inconsistencies. Pay close attention to details like shadows, explosion streaks, smoke, and particles, and be sure to include them where appropriate. The details are what make the final shot convincing.

Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Panotutstep5

Step 6:
Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you've done so with every screenshot you've taken. This process can take 20-40 minutes, depending on how complicated the action is.

Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Panotutstep6

Now you're done! You're free to do whatever altering you do on a regular panorama.

Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Time_Lapse___Stuntman_Matt_by_DecadenceNight

I hope this tutorial helps you with your own Time Lapse Panoramas. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
2good4u2
Legendary Adventurer
2good4u2

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial   Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:03 am

great tut! i never used layer masks before. time to learn how they work Smile
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial   Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:52 am

2good4u2 wrote:
great tut! i never used layer masks before. time to learn how they work Smile
layer masks are wowesome.you can mask out effects,colour filters or anything.
very nice tut,i used to take the pics and see what blended in(maybe add a couple by cutting)
like this one.should be more hogs but it didn't work out.i think i had to put in the 3rd hog manually.(tiltshift didn't work too good)
very nice
Smile
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial   Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:33 am

silent mb wrote:

very nice tut,i used to take the pics and see what blended in(maybe add a couple by cutting)

that's actually how i did my first 3 time lapses. i was really lucky that they turned out so well. (except for the 2nd one. that one kinda sucks) I couldn't get the 4th one (the one with the white guy and the zombie) to work like that. that's when someone in the H.B.O forums told me about layer masking. and i use masking for everything now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial   Time Lapse Panorama Tutorial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1