Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)
We need to grow. Vote_lcapWe need to grow. Voting_barWe need to grow. Vote_rcap 
Inkognito (465)
2good4u2 (266)
DUM4S5 (214)
Decadence Night (165)
AmX15 (148)
Rickder 6 (124)
saysmoo (115)
Doc152 (115)
Knight Kninja (85)
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

We need to grow.

Go down 
+2
silent mb
Inkognito
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:59 pm

I think that this group needs to get a healthy amount of members.

To me, the largest problem facing us is that not many people have photoshop, and those who do mostly do not have the patience or time to make panoramas. But I think that if we make a lot of those member collage videos, post them to Bungie.net, more people will start joining.

So, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Inkognito wrote:
I think that this group needs to get a healthy amount of members.

To me, the largest problem facing us is that not many people have photoshop, and those who do mostly do not have the patience or time to make panoramas. But I think that if we make a lot of those member collage videos, post them to Bungie.net, more people will start joining.

So, what do you guys think?
woops,missed this post.Razz
yeah i think you're right,most people might like to make haloramics but wouldn't know where to start.
as for the collage videos,it takes time to get a good collection of pics that would be "wowesome" enough for the vid.
as long as the members we have now have fun capturing and editing,then we will have a good forum community with some amazing skills.
[film quote warning] "if you build it,they will come"
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:44 pm

it takes time to make a montage of a suitably large amount of images.

And lately my idea tank has run dry, i often strive for originality and how a whole "whoa" feeling with my pics and nowadays that is quite hard to do
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Alas the curse of postmodernism. "Everything that can be done has been done."

I am working on a solo montage right now, as a way of showing people, "hey, anybody can do this." And drawing more attention to the group. I have a 3:11 minutes to fill and I currently only have 1:36 minutes. Sadly though, finals are coming up and I won't be able to get as many done as I would wish. Luckily, after finals, SUMMER! Which means I can finish the montage and bam! Go to parties Smile

As for original images, I use match making, or take ideas from movies and build on them. But Match making will never fail you as long as you do either social BTB or objective, etc.

Double exp weekends are great too. Especially Living dead.

Finally, we should also submit our community spotlight form. If you guys want, I can take a good looking screenshot of Master chief or something to use.
Back to top Go down
JmX11
Adventurer
JmX11

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:48 pm

we could talk to more people on XBL, that may help
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:24 pm

heres a few things that may help us grow:

1. Gimp. Let people know that there IS a free option for editing your photos. Gimp is a photo-editing program that works a lot like photoshop, and is a totally free download. If we could get some gimp tutorials/gimp users here, we could get people to begin with it..

2. vBulletin/other forum board - this would allow for easier navigation, more customization to make our forum more personalized (thus getting us more visitors/members who like how we look), and it is much easier for people to understand. people who have already used vBulletin would understand it. of course this costs at least $180, so we need to expand some before we do it...

3. Spread the word - simple and effective, with things we are doing like the dA account and the montages.

theres probably more things that could help other than that, but im exhausted right now so il post more later if i think of anything
Back to top Go down
2good4u2
Legendary Adventurer
2good4u2

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:36 pm

I use 'the panorama factory' for photo stitching. you can only make one horizontal or vertical line of screens though, but it's a good free alternative. Does Gimp auto-stitch screenshots into a panorama?
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:20 pm

no it doesn't i don't think, but i freehand it in photoshop too..
Back to top Go down
2good4u2
Legendary Adventurer
2good4u2

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:34 pm

every photoshop older than 7.0 can auto-stitch them, but i use 7. i'm gonna give freehanding a try so i can take bigger panoramas in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We need to grow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need to grow.   We need to grow. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need to grow.
Page 1 of 1