Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)
Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Vote_lcapPlanning thread [how to grow, what to do] Voting_barPlanning thread [how to grow, what to do] Vote_rcap 
Inkognito (465)
Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Vote_lcapPlanning thread [how to grow, what to do] Voting_barPlanning thread [how to grow, what to do] Vote_rcap 
2good4u2 (266)
DUM4S5 (214)
Decadence Night (165)
AmX15 (148)
Rickder 6 (124)
saysmoo (115)
Doc152 (115)
Knight Kninja (85)
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]

Go down 
+2
DUM4S5
Knight Kninja
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Empty
PostSubject: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Alright guys, for only having 50+ members, and not all of them being active, we are amazingly active as a community! So the first thing I want so say to you guys is congratulations! We are doing great. Good job.

Hopefully, we can expand to a point that we are frequently visited by people and is recognized by other communities..

I want to use this thread to discuss our various ways we can expand.. i know we've posted a topic kinda about it before but I would like to have a kind of official hub where we can all discuss this..

Some things i think we need...

- A logo: something we can use in affiliation buttons and possibly an official banner, although the rotating ones are pretty cool.
- Affiliates: people will see our site and become interested, wondering what it is all about.
- Frequent updates on the front page: I read something that said that search engines like Google are more likely to bring up sites that are updated more frequently.

If you guys have any ideas, please post here. we can also brainstorm stuff like a logo..
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:52 pm

one of our main problems is that this genre only caters to a small amount of people.

Essentially we are a gimmick and im amazed we have survived this long. Before we moved to this site, our old forum was beginning to die., archieved posts slowly crept up the first page =p

What we need is to expand the options available to the general public, maybe bring in an aestetic maps forum with people that give detailed reviews of each map.

One thing i have tried is that i put an ad on the reclaimer comic site, im sure thats helped us a bit. Unfortunately the ad will be down soon, if it isn't already.

Like you said if we become affiliated with other sites it may help aswell
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:01 pm

you do have a point though.. we have such a narrow topic it will be hard to grow...

how much longer do you own the domain? this could just as easily be a bungie.net group.. that might actually be better..

I've had some experience with setting those kinds of groups up so i could help out with that if you needed it.
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:11 pm

we used to be a bnet group

trust me, this setup is better
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:12 pm

alright cool. i kinda prefer forums lol
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:49 am

The front page post on HBO certainly helped. It's what got me here. We need help from bigger community sites. We also need to get smaller sites to come our way. This site has several members that are not members here. I'll send an email to the site's founder and see if he'll make a post about us. Some quality artists are featured there. They'll be happy to join us here.

Edit:
I have also made a Sponsor Ad, linked to a journal entry, linked to this site over at Roosterteeth. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:57 am

thanks decadence, i hope it helps..

so i was thinking.. it kinda spawned from your thing about getting help from bigger sites.. but we should find people interested in panoramas on sites and - obviously - invite them here.. but what i was thinking was if we browse some forums and we see some people talking about creating a site about halo art or something, just direct them here.. we can look on b.net group for small up-and-coming groups that we can bring into this one..

im not sure i make sense, but im gonna do that lol

EDIT: oh my god i just looked at haloscreenshots for the first time.. no idea how to submit, but that would be amazing if we could get some of our panoramas up there...

and should i try to put some prints up for sale on dA?
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Knight Kninja wrote:
thanks decadence, i hope it helps..

and should i try to put some prints up for sale on dA?
only do it there though, do not advertise for you prints here
Back to top Go down
2good4u2
Legendary Adventurer
2good4u2

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:21 am

i'm surprised the montage got so few views.
getting it on Bnet and hawtymcbloggy would have helped a lot.

(and i'm back)
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:52 pm

someone should definitely look into doing that for the next one. HBO is easy. just post in the forum and if Louis Wu like it, it's on the front page. I'm not at all sure how the other two sites operate.
Back to top Go down
2good4u2
Legendary Adventurer
2good4u2

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:38 pm

You can submit it to the bungie blog (by clicking submit) and if bungie thinks it's good enough they'll put it on the frontpage within a few days. it can give you 20.000 views or 2.000. really depends on the day.
and i don't think people submit things to hawtymcbloggy but AMX said he had submitted it there and on Bnet.
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:12 am

I contacted hawtymcbloggy. Here's her reply.
Quote :
I don't do spotlights on individual communities. Thank you for the recommendation though and the best of luck to your group!

Methinks that a new montage will get her attention, as well as remind HBO of our existence. Anyone working on getting us on the Bnet news page?
Back to top Go down
2good4u2
Legendary Adventurer
2good4u2

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:41 am

bsangel (from hawtymcbloggy) did put it on halo3screenshots.com.
i think AmX submitted it to the bungie blog.
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:07 am

I've submitted it twice. The first time was a day before Bungie Day (first mistake). The second time was on Friday before the weekend (second mistake). I'll keep trying!
Back to top Go down
2good4u2
Legendary Adventurer
2good4u2

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:17 pm

I think the more you'll submit the less change you've got.
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:49 pm

It took me three or four times to get the first montage submitted.
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:36 pm

sweet were featured on b.net!

hey a suggestion for the forum layout...

Category
Forum

Official
Announcements
Contests
Contest Winners

Haloramics
Haloramics Collections
Haloramics Discussion (if you wanted to post a panorama for CnC i would say put it here)
Screenshots
Halo Discussion

Open Area
Off Topic/General Discussion/Open Forum.. whatever..

and more can be added if we grow ya know? thats my suggestion for the forum setup though
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:06 pm

im liking the new layout guys,good work. Smile
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:17 pm

i saw the maps forums. i'm not sure if this is the place for it though. i mean, we already have forgehub
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Decadence Night wrote:
i saw the maps forums. i'm not sure if this is the place for it though. i mean, we already have forgehub
True, we have forgehub, but this is a place for Haloramics members to show their work!

That's why we have a Halo 3 screenshot section!
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:29 pm

yeah and with all the people on forgeHub, it's hard for people to notice your map.
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:03 pm

hmm well.. did you see my suggested forum layout? its on the page before.. i think we should just have a Halo discussion forum and a maps forum.. if we put it into categories, one, we will be critisized for copying Forgehub, and two, they will barely be used.. maybe just a "maps" forum and people can say what they are
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 6:46 pm

i do like that better. it's simpler. and it's not like we'll have hundreds of maps up here that would require their own category
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]   Planning thread [how to grow, what to do] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planning thread [how to grow, what to do]
Page 1 of 1