Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)
The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Voting_barThe Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Inkognito (465)
The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Vote_lcapThe Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Voting_barThe Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
2good4u2 (266)
DUM4S5 (214)
Decadence Night (165)
AmX15 (148)
Rickder 6 (124)
saysmoo (115)
Doc152 (115)
Knight Kninja (85)
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

The Rickder Six Collection

Go down 
+4
Doc152
silent mb
DUM4S5
Rickder 6
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Those are amazing. Especially your new one.

How did you get the blue spartans position in "Tipsy," and how do you do that with text in "Snow rick?"
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:47 pm

A million thanks for the feedback fellas, I appreciate it.

Some new one's, I guess you can call it my "Living Dead Set"

Inkognito wrote:
How did you get the blue spartans position in "Tipsy," and how do you do that with text in "Snow rick?"

Tipsy was just a fluke really, its from a clip of me throwing a nade at a hog driving at me (Thought I had switched too stickies) the hog drove over the nade which blew up behind it, flipping it toward me at light speed splattering me to the wall. I laughed my head off and figured it might make for a good pano. Kind of a fluke but I was jumping off of a walkway in game so in the video I started my first shot straight underneath me then paned down for the rest to get the hog in the shot, I kinda like how it turned out.

As for the text in "Snow Rick" that's just a trick of duplicating the text, flipping the copy, transform distorting it to give it the illusion that its reflected on the surface of the snow, set the color to black, turn down the opacity, then using the ellipse tool with a little feathering on the edges to give it the illusion of shadow. That's just a little crash course on how I did it if you want I can go into detail or better yet you can use the tutorial on the reflective glowing text that Silent posted in the banner contest, its pretty similar.
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Rickder 6 wrote:
A million thanks for the feedback fellas, I appreciate it.

Some new one's, I guess you can call it my "Living Dead Set"

Inkognito wrote:

Tipsy was just a fluke really, its from a clip of me throwing a nade at a hog driving at me (Thought I had switched too stickies) the hog drove over the nade which blew up behind it, flipping it toward me at light speed splattering me to the wall. I laughed my head off and figured it might make for a good pano. Kind of a fluke but I was jumping off of a walkway in game so in the video I started my first shot straight underneath me then paned down for the rest to get the hog in the shot, I kinda like how it turned out.

As for the text in "Snow Rick" that's just a trick of duplicating the text, flipping the copy, transform distorting it to give it the illusion that its reflected on the surface of the snow, set the color to black, turn down the opacity, then using the ellipse tool with a little feathering on the edges to give it the illusion of shadow. That's just a little crash course on how I did it if you want I can go into detail or better yet you can use the tutorial on the reflective glowing text that Silent posted in the banner contest, its pretty similar.

That is how I make panoramas too Razz I just play and when something cool happens, I make a pano. Just look at some of my new ones, hornet dble kill was me shooting a rocket at a hornet with two people in it.

And thank you for the crash course in shadows.
Back to top Go down
Strike Force
Journeyman
Strike Force

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:35 am

Wow, I just saw your colorful ones for haloramics. Whatever you did, it looks amazing and I couldn't even figure out where those shots were taken.
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer
Doc152

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 am

The "Living Dead" set is..."shoulda sent a poet"...snif snif...

.....wow. They are great! I can never really get mine that clear...simply spectacular. Colors, clarity, content...always top-notch.
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 pm

you know how to get a great shot and at the same time perfect editing.makes me wish i saved the vids from the infection games. Sad
great captures. Smile
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 pm

wow these are brill, lovely deep colours =]

quick note of moderator stuff: please limit you post to 2 images or several thumbnails. My laptop almost had a heart attack trying to load them =]
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:41 pm

DUM4S5 wrote:
wow these are brill, lovely deep colours =]

quick note of moderator stuff: please limit you post to 2 images or several thumbnails. My laptop almost had a heart attack trying to load them =]

Yeah buddy no prob, I honestly should of known better.

Thanks to everyone for the nice feedback! I loved the black armor from Infection, I wish it where a custom option. When I found out about the black armor, I just had to take some screens, and for me now I figure when I take a screenshot, its a good opportunity for a pano. To be honest with you, I believe the pano looks a 100 times better every time vs just that single screen.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:29 pm

Your new ones are flipping awesome. Something about your shots sets them apart, and I am pretty sure it is the balance between color and contrast. tongue
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:07 pm

happy birthday drunken
have a nice birthday buddy.

awesome sig by the way Shocked
Back to top Go down
Strike Force
Journeyman
Strike Force

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:55 pm

silent mb wrote:
happy birthday drunken
have a nice birthday buddy.

awesome sig by the way Shocked
Beat me to it Sad

Happy birthday as well.
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Happy birthday man.
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Thanx everyone, its been a good one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:51 pm

As it should be on your birthday. And I wish your birthday was everyday, it seems that today being your birthday helped me get 6 new panos Razz

Either way, could you give us a hint on what to expect next? Smile
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:03 am

Happy belated birthday =]
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer
Doc152

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Sorry for the lateness, Happy B-Day! soon you'll start getting gray hair and then your eyes will go. Sucks getting old, but doing Haloramics never does! Keep em coming!

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanx to everyone for the B-Day wish. I was going to go see the new X-Men movie but time ran short, it was a good one though.

Ive been busy away from my laptop for a few days but on one of my breaks I just happened to find an open computer with Photoshop so I made the best of it and did a remix of a recent pano,

New work of recent, "REMIX"

Last edited by Rickder 6 on Tue May 05, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:08 pm

It is like a hallucinogen.
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:15 am

Inkognito wrote:

Very True, its kind of cool what happens when you duplicate the heck out of layers, unrestrict your self with the layer styles and mess around with the liquefy tool.
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:29 pm

the text seems 3D-ish on this remix,nice layer work.
i can almost see a change going on in your gallery,much more experimentation.(i need to do be more expressive in my work)
Smile
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Rickder 6 wrote:
Inkognito wrote:

Very True, its kind of cool what happens when you duplicate the heck out of layers, unrestrict your self with the layer styles and mess around with the liquefy tool.

HAHA! Your secret is out! Razz
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:39 pm

lovin' the colours on this one =]
Back to top Go down
H3WM Apathy
Journeyman
H3WM Apathy

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Hey, I'm a noob, I've sorta figured a little out, but how do you get such rich/vibrant colours? Those colours are amazing! Anyway, if you could point me to a link for photoshop tutorials that will tell me what I need to know, that would be great, thanks man...
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:27 pm

silent mb wrote:
the text seems 3D-ish on this remix,nice layer work.
i can almost see a change going on in your gallery,much more experimentation.(i need to do be more expressive in my work)
Smile

Thanks man! I think I just started feeling restricted to trying to do things the proper way. I just wanted to break out of the box and color outside of the lines a little bit. I got issue, issues issues :lol: Shocked

Inkognito wrote:
Rickder 6 wrote:
Inkognito wrote:

HAHA! Your secret is out! Razz

LOL... Oh no, there on to me hahaha, funny stuff! jocolor

DUM4S5 wrote:
lovin' the colours on this one =]

Thank you Master DUM! (No pun intended) your awesome man!!

H3WM Apathy wrote:
Hey, I'm a noob, I've sorta figured a little out, but how do you get such rich/vibrant colours? Those colours are amazing! Anyway, if you could point me to a link for photoshop tutorials that will tell me what I need to know, that would be great, thanks man...

Thanks buddy!

I would be happy to help you with that. The last tutorial I followed was about 2 years ago. I do remember some really good ones I used. I will defiantly try to find them for you, not a problem.

You might want to ask Silent MB too, he has recently posted a tutorial link in the Banner contest page that leads to an excellent tutorial site. We also have some good ones here.

You also might want to check out Creative Cow, they always have top notch stuff in all adobe apps, even some very cool After Effects tutorials for a montage. I prefer there podcast vs getting the web based ones but either way it's good stuff.
Back to top Go down
H3WM Apathy
Journeyman
H3WM Apathy

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:00 pm

K thanks man, for AE though I use videocopilot, Just because I use it only for intos and that's what they teach you how to do (cool text stuff) and then I edit it in Sony Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rickder Six Collection   The Rickder Six Collection - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rickder Six Collection
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next