Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)
Getting the best out of your shot Vote_lcapGetting the best out of your shot Voting_barGetting the best out of your shot Vote_rcap 
Inkognito (465)
Getting the best out of your shot Vote_lcapGetting the best out of your shot Voting_barGetting the best out of your shot Vote_rcap 
2good4u2 (266)
DUM4S5 (214)
Decadence Night (165)
AmX15 (148)
Rickder 6 (124)
saysmoo (115)
Doc152 (115)
Knight Kninja (85)
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

Getting the best out of your shot

Go down 
+2
GamerNerd
AmX15
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

Getting the best out of your shot Empty
PostSubject: Getting the best out of your shot   Getting the best out of your shot Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:02 pm

You can download the original image below:
Getting the best out of your shot Startingtt8

Step 1
Open up your image in Photoshop.
Getting the best out of your shot 27011577kh6

Step 2
The next thing we're going to do is adjust the brightness and contrast. You can do this by going to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast... Play with this feature to your heart's content.
Getting the best out of your shot 40519300qq1

Step 3
Now use the Polygonal Lasso Tool and draw a selection around the sky.
Getting the best out of your shot 61806156mc8

Step 4
Go to Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur... I set my blur to a radius of 10.
Getting the best out of your shot 73321610na8

Step 5
Now, using the Polygonal Lasso Tool, draw a selection around the main Spartan's body.
Getting the best out of your shot 81781307fd7

Step 6
I then added a motion blur. The angle is -79 and the distance is 15.
Getting the best out of your shot 66115967it4

Step 7
Now, I messed around with the brightness and contrast of the selected Spartan. To do this, go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast...
Getting the best out of your shot 39246189wi5

That's it!
Thanks for reading my tutorial! The finished image is below:
Getting the best out of your shot Finalja9
Back to top Go down
GamerNerd
Journeyman
GamerNerd

PostSubject: Thanks   Getting the best out of your shot Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks so much i had no idea how to do it.
Thanks for making this website its so cool.
Sorry i'm such a noob lol.
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

PostSubject: Re: Getting the best out of your shot   Getting the best out of your shot Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:37 am

Nice stuff Amx, I like it that you used the very first Haloramic made by a Haloramic group member, you! The founder of our group. Good job man!
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

PostSubject: Re: Getting the best out of your shot   Getting the best out of your shot Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:22 am

awesome tutorial here =]

small quiff about the final pic though: too much blur on the sky, it's made h edges of the tower is messy and such. May just be me though
Back to top Go down
Strike Force
Journeyman
Strike Force

PostSubject: Re: Getting the best out of your shot   Getting the best out of your shot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:53 am

You're missing a step. Step 0: Get Photoshop
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

PostSubject: Re: Getting the best out of your shot   Getting the best out of your shot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:29 am

Strike Force wrote:
You're missing a step. Step 0: Get Photoshop
Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, etc. They should all work. These are just basic things you should be able to do in most photo programs. You can always download a trial. I downloaded a trial version of Paint Shop Pro on my vista computer, and the trial never ended. I'm currently on day 465 out of 30 and I can still use the program!!!
Back to top Go down
Strike Force
Journeyman
Strike Force

PostSubject: Re: Getting the best out of your shot   Getting the best out of your shot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:43 am

Well yeah, I know that they all work, but if you are looking at a tutorial on how to make a panorama you probably don't know what to use software wise.
Back to top Go down
Nero Valentine
Nero Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Getting the best out of your shot   Getting the best out of your shot Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:16 am

lol i deleted photoshop just 2 days ago because i didn't use it very often anymore! Very Happy

i think i'll have to reinstall it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting the best out of your shot   Getting the best out of your shot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1