Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)
The new skin Vote_lcapThe new skin Voting_barThe new skin Vote_rcap 
Inkognito (465)
2good4u2 (266)
DUM4S5 (214)
Decadence Night (165)
AmX15 (148)
Rickder 6 (124)
saysmoo (115)
Doc152 (115)
Knight Kninja (85)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

The new skin

Go down 
+3
AmX15
Decadence Night
Knight Kninja
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:50 pm

the new skin is kinda messed up... i think we should stick with the old one until we get enough members to buy vBulletin or something.

This one kind of makes us look unprofessional cause theres a lot of things weird about it like the navbar and the text formatting... besides, this is a Runescape version.. theres dragon scimitars and a santa hat on the skin lol!

but apparently this skin on vBulletin (the skin is called greenfox) is pretty cheap. If you look on my deviantart page, i have actually made some forum ranks specifically FOR this skin.. cool eh?

anyways, just my opinion, but just saying this new skin is kinda messed up with the Forumotion way its installed or something...

gah i feel like a stuck up jerk always complaining......

discuss this i guess.. oh and the marquee can be changed, voting is up for the Panorama of the Month you guys, please vote (link in my sig)
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:41 am

a couple of bugs aside, i like this new skin a lot. the style is great. just fix the scimitars and the nav bar and it'll be great
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:13 am

yeah, i also kinda want the layout to be fluid.. its a little too narrow like this.
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:37 am

Change is good. I'm able to change the things that are wrong. Don't worry, things will be fixed.
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:43 am

Also, some of the images of the old layout 'expired'. I couldn't find the theme to update our forums.

I thought we might just try out something new. I'll make some changes, though.
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:54 pm

cool i like what you have started to do already.. its looking better now.

btw, right now "forums" is spelled "fourums".

i can't wait for the forums to grow!
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:37 pm

I know...

I've giving all of the buttons a new layout.
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:55 pm

woah its even skinnier!

btw if you can do ranks and you want them, i made these specifically for the greenfox skin (this one)
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:56 pm

is it me or does the pics looks more detailed/3Dish.
Smile
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Knight Kninja wrote:
woah its even skinnier!

btw if you can do ranks and you want them, i made these specifically for the greenfox skin (this one)
What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 9:10 pm

what do i mean about what? it being skinnier? look at it the width of the forum is about.... 700-750 pixels wide!

and the ranks.. i doubt that this forum will make it doable. when we get active/popular enough to justify buying vBulletin, theres a rank system there.
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:01 am

the width and buttons all look fine now. no more scimitars or santa hats. Very Happy

good job
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:23 pm

haha yeah it works now
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer
Doc152

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:01 pm

YO! The new skin is great! Today's Blue and Green set up works great! Stick with this color scheme. Looks great!
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 4:53 pm

im with Doc152, this looks wowesome =]
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:52 pm

just noticed something. some of the buttons on the private message screen are messed up
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:04 pm

oops, found something else.. the links.. visited links are red, which is ok (even though a green or blue would match the colour scheme), but anyways, unvisited links are white. i can't tell what is a link...
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Still working on it!

Hope you all like the logo!
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:14 pm

i really like it, basic and good looking!
Back to top Go down
Decadence Night
Legendary Adventurer
Decadence Night

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:57 am

i like it, but i like the cycling panoramas better. it makes every page unique.
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer
Doc152

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:07 pm

I'm for the header either way, rotating or not. My only argument against it is, the banner kinda of makes the site unique, it gives a short showcase of what is in store for a new visitor. Or perhaps this, go on a monthly basis, a new banner every two weeks or month, no voting or anything, just a giant pool of banners. that way, everyone gets a shot at it occasionally. other than that, like I said before, looks great.
Back to top Go down
Knight Kninja
Adventurer
Knight Kninja

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:47 pm

good point doc. we could put up a thread where people post their banners to the specs of whatever the banner should be and then leaders choose one every once in a while and plop it in there
Back to top Go down
saysmoo
Legendary Adventurer
saysmoo

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:50 pm

thats kinda what we did originally. but I think it should be maybe a new one every day. two weeks is kinda long and we have a lot of banners.
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:22 pm

i don't want to seem lazy, but that is too much effort on our side =P

i discussing with AmX the fate of the banner at the moment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The new skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new skin   The new skin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new skin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Open Area :: Open Forum-
Jump to: