Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)
My first attempt Vote_lcapMy first attempt Voting_barMy first attempt Vote_rcap 
Inkognito (465)
2good4u2 (266)
DUM4S5 (214)
Decadence Night (165)
AmX15 (148)
Rickder 6 (124)
saysmoo (115)
Doc152 (115)
Knight Kninja (85)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

My first attempt

Go down 
+4
silent mb
DUM4S5
AmX15
Joe Cool 58
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe Cool 58
Journeyman
Joe Cool 58

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey I'm new, so if I didn't do anything right just tell me. I was going to name it "Joe Cool 58's Collection", but I think I'll change that when I've got more than one image Smile . This is my first panoramic and I'd like to get some feedback on it so that others I make will be better. I'm sure it's too big to put in directly, so I'll put the link to it.

Wraith Fight
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin
AmX15

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Welcome to Haloramics!

This is a very nice panoramic shot! I love how you blurred the background. It shows depth.

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:48 am

this is good, in fact very good for a first attempt =]

however the way you have done some of the blur doesn't help the pic in my opinion. The motion blur on the wraith shots makes them like part of the background and so kinda disappear into it. Besides, i don't think you need to ever blur wraith shots, they are so detailed they just look pristine on an image.

The way the blur interacts with the lighting aswell has created an interesting effect. I think you may have inadvertently created the miniture building effect.

well thats my two cents, welcome to the group and keep 'em coming =]
Back to top Go down
Joe Cool 58
Journeyman
Joe Cool 58

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:21 am

Thanks for the good comments guys, but just one question: what is the miniture building effect?
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:41 am

Joe Cool 58 wrote:
Thanks for the good comments guys, but just one question: what is the miniture building effect?
also known as tilt shifting

Here's a tutorial
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:20 pm

welcome Smile
i really like the standoff element of this shot,and i like the movement of the wraith shots too,but i agree with DUM4S5 that it does sort of flatten them.i still think this is a cool pano,and it does have a tilt shift feel to it.
hope to see more from you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:55 pm

That is incredible for a first attempt! I do like the blur for depth as our master mentioned but I personally don't think it was needed for this shot, The focal point for me was the plasma shots meeting in the middle then on out to the wraiths. Too much awesomeness, no need for the blur. Good Job!
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer
Doc152

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Rickder 6 wrote:
That is incredible for a first attempt! I do like the blur for depth as our master mentioned but I personally don't think it was needed for this shot, The focal point for me was the plasma shots meeting in the middle then on out to the wraiths. Too much awesomeness, no need for the blur. Good Job!

Rick...I absolutely love the new sig! That is crazy awesome! You have to teach me that some day.

Hey Joe! welcome to the group! Great first attempt, like dum4$$ said, the blur is a little much, the shot really didn't need it, but overall good use of color and effect. Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more.
Back to top Go down
Strike Force
Journeyman
Strike Force

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 9:53 am

I would also agree that the wraith shots don't need to be blurred. This is a very good first pano.
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:04 pm

I am missing these new posts.

For a first attempt, this is wowesome. The only thing I have to say is that you saved it as a PNG. I can understand why, but when you upload images to Flickr or some other site that supports the Cooliris 3D wall, you will run out of your monthly upload limit much faster than if you saved them as a high-quality JPG.

Wowesome Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first attempt Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first attempt   My first attempt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first attempt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community Images :: Haloramic Collections-
Jump to: