HomeHome  HomeHome  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)

Inkognito (465)

2good4u2 (266)

DUM4S5 (214)

Decadence Night (165)

AmX15 (148)

Rickder 6 (124)

saysmoo (115)

Doc152 (115)

Knight Kninja (85)

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Share | 

The new banners...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer

PostSubject: The new banners...   Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 pm

All the new banners are freaking awesome! Its kinda cool how you set them up to rotate order when changing pages.

Nice job!
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:18 am

magic Wink

nah seriously, it took us a while to get working

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:47 am

Now, that we have the magic down pat, we need to start working on how to pull a set of Mjöllnir armor out of a hat, that would be great!
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Lets just keep on making awesome Haloramics, maybe magic will give us recon abilities or 'sneak peeks'
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:27 pm

armor does not mean a thing to me...personally I think the Recon armor is really not a good looking armor on a Spartan..Its a little dull in appearance, I think the ODST armor is one of the best looking and ascetic armors there is in the game.

I do agree...that we do need to keep up the good work on the artwork, but...the magic...we really do need to keep in wielders own hands....
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:38 pm

I don't care about recon either. I was just being a little sarcastic.

But yes, we need to keep the magic up. And we can start by BEING MORE ACTIVE PEOPLE!
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:40 am

Inkognito wrote:

But yes, we need to keep the magic up. And we can start by BEING MORE ACTIVE PEOPLE!
being active, in my eyes, is to comment everytime someone posts their images =]

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:57 am

DUM4S5 wrote:
Inkognito wrote:

being active, in my eyes, is to comment everytime someone posts their images =]

Same here, and I have updated my collection. I will check the other collections right now. Doc has some new panos.
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take a little time to say some a few things regarding the website and what we do here.

The other day, I was talking to my girlfriend about Haloramics and the things we do here, I said to her about how great the work is that all of you do and how it seems like a competition sometimes about outdoing each other, which is a good thing, we come different parts of the globe are all different ages and how much fun it is messing around with everyone.

The point is, when we were talking, it occured to me that for the first time in years, my artistic side has come back. When I was much younger(pre-teen) I would be drawing all sorts of stuff, you name it, I could draw it, then all of a sudden...it disappeared. Then last year when I joined Haloramics on the Bungie site, it started coming back, it wasn't the same, but, it came back in a different way...no longer on paper but on a computer screen.

Basically, what I am saying is, thank you for helping me get back that ability.

And btw, personally, I think working on the banners, is actually more fun than the panoramics. Its a little more complicated to do them, than it is to sharpen, contrast and cut, but regardless, its all a good time and great job to everyone on all the new banners.
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:09 pm

I agree. I just wish I could find a girl that didn't mind talking about video games.

And Friendly competition is good. It is always driving us to do better, and make better images. And that is the goal of this site to me.

And thank you to all for helping me with everything. =)
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Inkognito wrote:
I agree. I just wish I could find a girl that didn't mind talking about video games.

And Friendly competition is good. It is always driving us to do better, and make better images. And that is the goal of this site to me.

And thank you to all for helping me with everything. =)

Let me tell you, there are two things in life, for me Halo came first then the girl, she had no choice but to deal with it, and two she has to deal with it. I made her. AHAHAHa! no, she is cool with it, she knows that Halo is my stress relief and she is happy that I can do the things that we do on this site, she knows that doing this, is actually helping my graphic design skills.
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Not all women are as understanding. You lucky dog.
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Inkognito wrote:
Not all women are as understanding. You lucky dog.

well...it really wasn't that simple. You just have to put it into perspective, you see, you need to formulate your argument, you really need a good base to stand on when you tell them what you are doing, lets say you tell them you are using this for advancement of your artistic ability and you want to get real time feedback with out completely embarrassing yourself in front of a class or something...then once you do that, you need to back it up, show em, that is what I did, I showed her the site, and she was even more impressed. Now, if that doesn't work, buy em something nice, get em some flowers or a nice purse or something, just to let em know that you are still thinking about em...a little, but really you make feel good because you ran into a creative block... nah j.k.

just be honest about it. explain it, show it off...then compliment on their hair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new banners...   

Back to top Go down

The new banners...
Page 1 of 1