HomeHome  HomeHome  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)

Inkognito (465)

2good4u2 (266)

DUM4S5 (214)

Decadence Night (165)

AmX15 (148)

Rickder 6 (124)

saysmoo (115)

Doc152 (115)

Knight Kninja (85)

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 27 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Share | 

My return to Haloramics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strike Force
Journeyman

PostSubject: My return to Haloramics   Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:36 pm

Yeah, I've been gone for a long while. I think when I first joined Haloramics there were like 17 members or something. Well anyway, back in September I traveled over to Germany to study abroad in an exchange program that my college, MSOE, offered. I've been over in Germany ever since. For a good 4 months I had no access to xbox live, because I didn't have an xbox to play on. I eventually caved in and bought a 360 and a computer monitor. I'm addicted to halo 3 and could only put off the addiction for so long.

Now I am back. I feel bad for my long absence, so to make up for it I will share some of my real life panoramas that I made from my travels across Europe on my semester break. Without further ado, here it goes:

Outside of the Colosseum in Rome

Inside the Colosseum

Palantine Hill, which is right next to the Colosseum

St. Peter's Basilica/The Vatican from the top of St. Angelica's Castle

looking south from the top of St. Angelica's Castle in Rome

What remains of the Circus Maximus in Rome with some ruins in the background

This next one I screwed up with my camera and left it in auto mode, so the brightness was a bit different in each picture, so when it was stitched together you can see the individual pictures that make up this panorama. Nevertheless, it was still an cool view from there:

Cinque Terre, Italy. North of Rome along the seashore

This next one was taken roughly 1500 feet above the last one. My friends and I hiked up to this peak so we could see the sunset from up here. Unfortunately some clouds came and blocked the sunset, and of our 3 days here, this was the only one that wasn't raining. Still looks cool though:

1500 feet above Cinque Terre

Now that I am back, I am going to start working on some projects that I have been planning. I won't give any spoilers though.
Back to top Go down
AmX15
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My return to Haloramics   Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:02 pm

These are beautiful! Especially the last one!

Now did you take these with a tripod and camera or did you use one of the gigapan robotic panorama taker?
Back to top Go down
Strike Force
Journeyman

PostSubject: Re: My return to Haloramics   Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:55 am

No. Actually I only used myself as a tripod and I have a $150 Samsung camera that I got for Christmas. I was traveling with 5 other friends and we kept moving for the most part, so I had to take all the pics on the fly for the most part. I did my best to hold the camera steady.

Actually, all of my panos are from somewhere in Italy, I guess I didn't think about it when I was in Dublin and London, and by the time I got to Salzburg, Austria we just went snowboarding and I was too sore to take anymore on my trip.
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner

PostSubject: Re: My return to Haloramics   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:57 pm

wow,thanks for sharing these with us Smile
i really like the Colosseum pans.i would like to visit there one day.
i don't know what program you used,but maybe you should try photoshop cs3/cs4 to redo the"Cinque Terre" pan.(if you haven't already)its quite good at blending colours of different shots.
oh and hello,i dont think you was there when i turned up.i saw your haloramics though.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Strike Force
Journeyman

PostSubject: Re: My return to Haloramics   Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:29 pm

silent mb wrote:
wow,thanks for sharing these with us Smile
i really like the Colosseum pans.i would like to visit there one day.
i don't know what program you used,but maybe you should try photoshop cs3/cs4 to redo the"Cinque Terre" pan.(if you haven't already)its quite good at blending colours of different shots.
oh and hello,i dont think you was there when i turned up.i saw your haloramics though.
Smile
I'm using CS3's automate option, not quite sure how to get the colors to blend more smoothly.

Oh and if you do go to Rome some day, just say no to the guided tours in English. They exaggerate the wait times and the tour guides usually suck and rush you though. If you really want to learn history buy a book Wink
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer

PostSubject: Re: My return to Haloramics   Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:41 pm

Good deal Strike, you have some awesome shots here. I thank you as well for sharing your travels experiences with us. I envy you, and only wish I could visit the places you are visiting. Good to have you back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My return to Haloramics   

Back to top Go down

My return to Haloramics
Page 1 of 1