Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  TutorialsTutorials  DonateDonate  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
silent mb (468)
MechSicken Vote_lcapMechSicken Voting_barMechSicken Vote_rcap 
Inkognito (465)
2good4u2 (266)
DUM4S5 (214)
Decadence Night (165)
AmX15 (148)
Rickder 6 (124)
saysmoo (115)
Doc152 (115)
Knight Kninja (85)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am

MechSicken

Go down 
+2
Rickder 6
MechSicken
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:18 am

Edit: Working with CoolIris. Also, summer is on the horizion, so I'll have some time for this, my guitar, Blender, and SLASO Wink

Last edited by MechSicken on Sat May 23, 2009 5:56 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:51 am

Gimp ey, Ill have to check that out. Welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:20 am

well, welcome to the group =]

excellent shot here, nice angles and action

i've heard of gimp, i also heard it's a pain to use =P
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:37 am

hello and welcome,nice shot as you can see the path ahead of you.
i think gimp is a good alternative to photoshop.it does have its fualts but it can do almost everything photoshop can(but sometimes it crashed for me)
looking forward to seeing more SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:09 pm

I was interested to see that someone put together a program for panoramics such as this. It is not like photoshop, where you hit "open as panoramc" (or whatever, been awhile.) It sets the overlap on each to 50% (value can be adjusted,) and creates layer masks that you brush off where they do't match. A lot more time consuming than Photoshop, but more controllable(not to mention free Smile) Does anyone know of a good site where I can upload the full-size image? I guess I'll have to go to Deviant Art eventually, but I never really cared for the site.
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Okay, the second one there I did diffrently obviously. I took it from a different angle, so I had to use PS CS4 for this one. Used Photomerge, but it was put together weird. I rotated it so it was flat, but I couldn't keep both the moon and the Warthog there with a rectanular crop. So I took it into GIMP and selected it with the circles. All in all, I like how it turned out. Upload in a minute after posting this.
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:55 pm

You picked an original spot for your 1st shot, You have awesome perspective with good narrative in your composition. I think a little work with the contrast would do this shot justice, maybe kick back up that CS4 and play around with the exposure levels. Good job buddy!
Back to top Go down
Rickder 6
Legendary Adventurer
Rickder 6

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Your new shot is rad dude, you should seriously keep it cropped just like it is, its different with an epic view, I dig it!
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:17 pm

interesting cropping on the new one, not my style personally but awesome thinking outside of the box =]

but then again the shot itself is brill =]

i use autostich for my pano's. Sometimes you need to mess with the settings you get want you want but it hasn't failed me yet. Oh and it's free
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:18 pm

Rickder 6 wrote:
You picked an original spot for your 1st shot, You have awesome perspective with good narrative in your composition. I think a little work with the contrast would do this shot justice, maybe kick back up that CS4 and play around with the exposure levels. Good job buddy!
Opened up GIMP and messed with levels, uploading to DeviantArt as I type. I'll just keep the first thumbnail up to save bandwith space though. I'll pt both links up when its done.
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:19 pm

DUM4S5 wrote:
interesting cropping on the new one, not my style personally but awesome thinking outside of the box =]

i use autostich for my pano's. Sometimes you need to mess with the settings you get want you want but it hasn't failed me yet. Oh and it's free
Got a link? I like CS4 and GIMP because I don't have to switch programs, can open them up and copy/paste where it needs to be.

Oh, and the cropping wasn't my choice, but I needed to fit it in somehow, and the way PS had it looked thrown together.
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:21 pm

MechSicken wrote:
DUM4S5 wrote:

Got a link? I like CS4 and GIMP because I don't have to switch programs, can open them up and copy/paste where it needs to be.
here you go
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:25 pm

DUM4S5 wrote:
MechSicken wrote:
DUM4S5 wrote:

here you go
Thanks, looks flatter but blurry. I'll try it with some more normal angled shots.
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Third one is done and so am I for the day. So far they're pretty boring, just getting used to the software again.
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:49 am

MechSicken wrote:
Third one is done and so am I for the day. So far they're pretty boring, just getting used to the software again.
again, another "different" shot. But it's cool though with the whole bird's eye view effect =]

quick tip, post your images in groups rather than one by one.
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:39 pm

the two new one are quite cool.i like silhouette shots and the top down gives a new prospective.
Smile
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:51 pm

DUM4S5 wrote:
MechSicken wrote:
again, another "different" shot. But it's cool though with the whole bird's eye view effect =]

quick tip, post your images in groups rather than one by one.
From now on I'm posting the thumbnails of my most recent three and just gonna link to my DA gallery. Until I decide to pay for a Flikr account, that is.
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer
Doc152

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Hiya! great shots! according to your OP and narratives, you has great shots, you needs counseling! i would love to do 3D model, but still too stupid to know how and moreover, still in school for other stuff, haven't reached that point yet! the little globey thing...nice.
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:05 pm

Doc152 wrote:
Hiya! great shots! according to your OP and narratives, you has great shots, you needs counseling! i would love to do 3D model, but still too stupid to know how and moreover, still in school for other stuff, haven't reached that point yet! the little globey thing...nice.
I need counseling? And for the record, I'm a freshman in high school, taking a few Pre-APs. So school shouldn't keep you too busy to learn.
Back to top Go down
Doc152
Legendary Adventurer
Doc152

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:26 pm

MechSicken wrote:
Doc152 wrote:
I need counseling? And for the record, I'm a freshman in high school, taking a few Pre-APs. So school shouldn't keep you too busy to learn.

yeah, thats a good thing! no, i'm never to busy to learn, just slowly thats all. must have balance, school, work, pleasure, fishing, that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Yay, CoolIris works! Added one I made over the past few days. Oh, and I just broke my wrist, so I'll have some time to do this. Still keepin' it clean in the new one with as few blurs as possible, overlayed the AR and added gratuitous lighting effects. Simple, but I like it.
Back to top Go down
DUM4S5
Admin
DUM4S5

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 6:04 am

nice composition here, maybe add in some action??
Back to top Go down
silent mb
Contest Winner
silent mb

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 6:26 am

yeah,nice composition.the contrast is done well too.Smile
Back to top Go down
Inkognito
Map Reviewer
Inkognito

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:42 pm

I like the color of the assault rifle in this shot. Now it doesn't look like plastic. Smile
Back to top Go down
MechSicken
Journeyman
MechSicken

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:02 pm

I did the assault rifle thing just by overlaying a few parts of it, and added a little shine in the lighting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MechSicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: MechSicken   MechSicken Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MechSicken
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community Images :: Haloramic Collections-
Jump to: